We are in Savigliano (Cn),
in the historic
Taffini d'Acceglio Palace
Nothing is stronger
than an idea whose time has come
ADVANCED ACADEMY of VISUAL ARTS
INTERNSHIPS & WORKSHOPS
designed to create
a professional elite
able to use
a wide range
of artistic skills:
Children's Book Illustration
Comics - Painting
3D art, Photography, Cinema
Are you an art enthusiast?
Do you wish to cultivate
your passion for art?
Register for the
and the Workshops
have been chosen
from among the world of
art's best representatives.
See the list of
We want to combine
artistic tradition of Italy
and the most advanced
technologies in the field of
THREE-YEAR COURSE IN VISUAL ARTS
Duration: 3 years
The Three-year Course in Visual Arts offered by Novalia©, the Free Art Academy, aims to train artists and qualified professionals able to develop their own research in the field of painting and drawing by taking into account the plurality of languages and technical innovations that characterise today’s world: the students will be provided both with traditional techniques and the new expressive languages connected to illustration, comics, graphic design, photography, cinema and multimedia (2D and 3D). The Academy offers three-year courses in Visual Arts designed in accordance with the curriculum required by currently applicable Italian regulations on post-graduation courses and is currently being certified by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research.
At the end of the course, the students will have to:
- possess adequate technical and operational skills and knowledge concerning art research contents and methods as well as painting techniques, so as to be able to acquire independent and personal awareness of the artistic production;
- possess adequate skills in the field of hand engraving, xylography, silk-screen printing, photography, computer graphics and printing techniques, as well as appropriate knowledge concerning the history and methods of graphic and art printing processes;
- possess methodological and critical instruments suitable for the acquisition of skills in the field of artistic languages and the related most advanced techniques and technologies;
- possess adequate skills and instruments relating to information management and communication, with particular regard to IT and digital tools.
A) Basic subjects:
- Artistic anatomy
- History of art
B) Specific subjects:
- Engraving techniques – Art Graphics
- Painting techniques
- History and methodology of art criticism
- History of cinema
- Phenomenology of contemporary arts
- Theory of shape perception and psychology
- Digital applications for visual arts
- Art psychology
C) Additional and related subjects:
- Museography and planning
- Cultural and environmental heritage
- Scenic design
- Marketing e management
- Pedagogy and art teaching
The graduates of Novalia©, the Free Art Academy, will be able to work in different contexts, both as freelancers and in the field of visual and creative arts; they will also be able to participate, with regard to the different fields of application, in the planning and implementation of specific painting activities, both in the field of traditional instruments and in that of the new technologies and linguistic expressions that can be found in national and international events.
The first term is mainly preparatory: the aim is to strengthen and integrate previously acquired skills. Drawing, painting and anatomy will, therefore, have a major role; the other subjects will be studied during the second part of the year, even in the form of intensive themed workshops.
The activities are mandatory for all students.
During the first year, the lessons will be held from the second half of October to the end of June over three mornings and three afternoons, for a total amount of 24 hours per week.
During this year, there will be no term subdivision, as the course will mainly consist of laboratory activities and, therefore, the subjects will be spread over the course of the whole year: a number of workshops held by professional teachers will be added to the aforementioned activities.
The second year will have the same timetable as the first one.
Some activities chosen by the students will, however, be added (see the subjects marked with the * symbol).
The same criterion adopted during the second year will also be adopted here: optional subjects will be increased in order to allow the students to choose more customized learning experiences.
Duration: 6 months
A preparatory term is offered to those students who possess a high-school diploma which does not, however, concern the world of visual arts, e.g. students coming from high schools not mainly concerned with art (grammar school, scientific high school, high schools focusing on humanities etc). The student will be provided with technical and practical skills that will allow him/her to acquire the basic knowledge needed to access the three-year course and to explore his/her creativity with the help of our professional teachers.